CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Several years ago, I attended a class taught by and well-known homemaking guru, Daryl Hoole. One of her many bits of advice was to do "Something that Stays Done" every day. I have followed this advice off and on, but want to make it a habit in 2011!

P.S. To see the blog that inspired me to get started and to see more great ideas of things to get done, check out dirtylittlesecrets2010.blogspot.com. Thanks, Becky!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello Hawaii!

My commenters are from the Netherlands and Hawaii.
(and my mom, of course)
Hello, Hoku!

Angie from the Netherlands asked for my chowder recipe so here goes...

Garden Patch Chowder

2 cups boiling water
1.5 cups diced potatoes
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
.25 cup chopped onion
1 can corn with liquid
1 tablespoon salt
.25 teaspoon pepper

Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.

In a saucepan 
melt .25 cup margarine
stir in .25 cup flour
Stir and cook until smooth.

Take off heat and add .5 cup broth and 1 cup milk.
Stir until smooth.
Over medium heat, stir constantly.
Boil 1 minute.
Take off heat and add 2 cups shredded cheese.
Add mixture to vegetables and stir.
Do not boil again.

I'm glad she asked because the before of my recipe was looking pretty sad
and now it's typed up all pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment