CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Several years ago, I attended a class taught by and well-known homemaking guru, Daryl Hoole. One of her many bits of advice was to do "Something that Stays Done" every day. I have followed this advice off and on, but want to make it a habit in 2011!

P.S. To see the blog that inspired me to get started and to see more great ideas of things to get done, check out dirtylittlesecrets2010.blogspot.com. Thanks, Becky!

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Toy Cabinet

 I have a space like this on either side of my fireplace in the family room.
One side holds videos and DVDs and this side holds toys for the little ones.
When the family room gets cleaned, it ends up looking like this.
This before picture reminds me of an I Spy book.
Can you find the number 2, two farm animals, and the back of an Etch-a-Sketch?

I pulled everything out and washed the shelves and floor.
When I moved the bookshelf, I found evidence of something that needed to be taken care of with a little bit of steel wool.  All I could find at the store was steel wool soap pads.  
Try eating through that...I dare ya!
 Here is the after picture.
There's even room for the little ones in there now.
I have discovered something about doing this sort of project.
Sometimes the more visible jobs don't get all the attention they need.  
But if I was doing the noticeable jobs, nothing would stay done.
Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment