CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Several years ago, I attended a class taught by and well-known homemaking guru, Daryl Hoole. One of her many bits of advice was to do "Something that Stays Done" every day. I have followed this advice off and on, but want to make it a habit in 2011!

P.S. To see the blog that inspired me to get started and to see more great ideas of things to get done, check out dirtylittlesecrets2010.blogspot.com. Thanks, Becky!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Something NOT fun!

This is something that I didn't ever want to have to do.
The bedroom in the basement got water in it over Christmas break.
We got rid of the carpet and pad.
When it started to get warm, it got wet again.
Today I found the source of the water.
Water was coming in through the hole that the main water pipe comes into the house through.
The leak is right below the opening that was already in the wall to access the main water valve.
Figures!
Of course, the water wasn't coming in near the puddle, so we removed quite a bit of sheetrock.
We also found out that it has happened before because the insulation was trimmed in some areas 
and note even there in others.
The bright spot in all of this is that my boys will have a warmer room when we get it put back together.
My favorite handyman, Himmler, helped me locate it.
We have a waterproofing company coming tomorrow to fix it.
I've been wanting to paint this room.
I guess now is a good time to do just that.


I can think of a lot of somethings that this room is going to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment