CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Several years ago, I attended a class taught by and well-known homemaking guru, Daryl Hoole. One of her many bits of advice was to do "Something that Stays Done" every day. I have followed this advice off and on, but want to make it a habit in 2011!

P.S. To see the blog that inspired me to get started and to see more great ideas of things to get done, check out dirtylittlesecrets2010.blogspot.com. Thanks, Becky!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

5 Boys...5 Lockers

The entry closet in our house is always a disaster.
There are coats, jackets, shoes, socks, umbrellas, a vacuum, and even a fire extinguisher in there.
Something needed to change.
So I took some inspiration from Daryl and the internet.
When I visited Daryl's house earlier this year, she showed me around.
She had lockers/cubbies built in her back hallway for her children.
After a little internet search, I found some hacked Ikea bookshelves and decided to go for it.
I bought five of them, one for each boy.
The mom and dad and girl will keep their stuff in the entry closet.
The little girl is not able to put her own stuff away yet, so this seems like it will work fine.
Here is the hall I'm putting them in.
Here is the result.
It's been over a week now and there are still shoes and coats and backpacks in the lockers.
Here's to hoping this Ikea hack job lasts for a long, long time.
(I may or may not put trim on them to make them look built in. 
I'll get back to ya on that if I do!)

2 comments: