CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Several years ago, I attended a class taught by and well-known homemaking guru, Daryl Hoole. One of her many bits of advice was to do "Something that Stays Done" every day. I have followed this advice off and on, but want to make it a habit in 2011!

P.S. To see the blog that inspired me to get started and to see more great ideas of things to get done, check out dirtylittlesecrets2010.blogspot.com. Thanks, Becky!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ikea Flooring

I had so much fun watching my kitchen transform
that I've decided to do another one, my sister's!
She's been talking about doing her kitchen floor for a while.
I told her that I wanted to help.
We made a trip to Ikea for some laminate flooring and supplies
and got started.
Here is her floor after she removed the top layer including a subfloor layer.
(She did all the hard work, I showed up for the fun part!)
Look at this lovely linoleum that was in her kitchen when she bought the house
that she had covered up with another layer of vinyl.
Some of the original subfloor had to be replaced so we got to work
with a piece of plywood and a skil saw.
Here is the finished product.
It looks awesome and I've loved hangin' out with my sista!
P.S.  Now that the floor looks so good,
we've decided to paint the cabinets.
That project starts tomorrow!

1 comment: